Water Safety Abroad
- NEVER swim after consuming alcohol or food.
- Swim with family or friends - never alone.
- Swim within your depth and parallel to the shore.
- Always swim, or surf, in areas patrolled by lifeguards.
- Swim in the designated swimming area when bathing in the sea.
- Obey all the usual safety rules that apply in any properly run pool e.g. no running, no running dives, no horseplay etc.
- Ensure that you do not dive into shallow water.
- Ensure that children are always supervised in or near bathing areas.
For further information and guidance, please see the website for the Irish Water Safety Council.